- Local Planning Authority Darlington Borough Council
- Site Status Planning permission granted at planning committee on 19 October 2011, decision issued 30 January 2012. Preliminary site investigation work (SI) is now complete and main construction works commenced early December 2016.
- Number of Turbines 6
- Tip Height 125 metres
- Electricity Generation Capacity 2 - 2.5 MW per turbine
- Lifetime of Wind Farm 25 years plus 12 months for construction and decommissioning
- Community Engagement A liaison committee is now established with Parish Council\'s and local stakeholders represented. Please download the Constitution for more information.
Benefits of Scheme
Potential to substantially contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with government aims
An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply
Significant investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment
Provide long term income to agricultural businesses, supporting farm diversification
Establishment of a community development fund targeted at addressing the causes and effects of fuel poverty in local communities
- Name: Lewis Stokes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0191 378 6219 / 0844 209 1515