Health & Safety
The Banks Group is committed to the safety and well-being of all persons and communities who may be affected by its activities. In order to maintain this commitment, health and safety will be considered, promoted, communicated and managed throughout the organisation in the same way as all other aspects of the business.
The Banks Group believes that the effective management of health and safety is a sound business principle that makes a significant contribution to the company’s profitability and will take all reasonably practicable measures to ensure continual improvement in health and safety standards. It is the policy of the Banks Group to comply with all current health and safety legislation applicable to its undertakings and to regard these as minimum requirements.
All Directors will lead the company in health, safety and welfare – and will ensure that:
- An appropriate health and safety management system is in place.
- The health and safety management system is regularly monitored and updated as necessary.
- Appropriate resources are in place to enable the business to meet health and safety requirements.
- A positive health and safety culture is promoted across the group
All managers are responsible for the implementation of this policy and for ensuring risks to the health and safety of all are assessed and safe systems of work devised in line with the Banks Group policies and procedures. Health and safety responsibilities have been defined for all Banks personnel and are contained within the company ‘Organisation and Arrangements’ document.
The Banks Group is committed to the following principles:
- The health, safety and well-being of our employees is important to our business’ success
- Sound health and safety performance is a key driver for our business’ success
- All incidents are preventable and all risks can be managed
- All incidents demand prompt investigation and timely remedial actions when and where appropriate
- All employees should be safe at work and safe to work with and therefore will be provided with appropriate information, instruction, training, supervision and equipment to enable them to work safely and efficiently