Health & Safety
The health and safety of our employees, business partners and neighbours is central to everything we do within our business and is critical to our success. Our development with care approach ensures that our developments have a positive long term effect on the environment and the local communities we are working within.
Banks regularly reviews its health and safety performance to ensure that our policies and procedures are up to date and effective.
The Banks Group health and safety policy and procedures set out the health and safety management system (HSMS) that our business works to. The HSMS is built on the basic principles:
- All incidents are preventable and that all risks can be safeguarded
- All incidents demand prompt investigation and timely remedial actions when and where appropriate
- All employees have responsibilities for health and safety and therefore will be provided with appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to enable them to work safely and efficiently
- The active co-operation between management and the workforce is an essential element in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and that all employees should be involved in the development of safe operating procedures derived from a comprehensive risk assessment process
- Company safety procedures are established and maintained at group level and must therefore be complied with by all parts of the business and that specialist health and safety advice will always be available when and where required
- Targets and objectives should be set to ensure a continual improvement in health and safety performance and that active monitoring is an essential element of performance improvement