The Banks Group has a dedicated community team working within the communities closest to our sites providing information to local people, encouraging a two way dialogue between local people and the specific project team and identify community projects that may benefit from The Banks Community Fund.
Development with care is central to the aims and objectives of our business. The phrase ideally describes how we interact with people inside and outside our company and it is the guiding principle of the way we carry out our business at all times. The key aspects of development with care include:
- To inform the local community or its representatives of our intentions to ensure they have an opportunity to respond to our proposals
- For our schemes to provide tangible benefits to local people, maximising both community and environmental benefits
- To encourage open channels of communication with the community throughout the life of the scheme.
- To be transparent with regard to environmental and planning issues
- To involve the community in the design stages of our proposals where possible
For more information on how we work with local people and communities that host our developments please see: Banks Group Working With Your Community Brochure March 2014