- Local Planning Authority Scottish Borders
- Site Status Planning permission granted April 2013
- Number of Turbines 13
- Tip Height up to 115m
- Electricity Generation Capacity up to 29.9MW
- Lifetime of Wind Farm 25 years
Benefits of Scheme
Potential to substantially contribute to the local sub-regional and regional targets for renewable electricity generation in line with UK Government aims.
An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply.
Investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment.
Establishment of a Community Development Fund which will be targeted at local communities. This could be used to improve local facilities through working with existing community groups.
- Name: Siobhan Samson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0844 209 1515