- Local Planning Authority Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Site Status Planning permission granted at planning committee on 7 December 2011. We are currently undertaking due diligence and working towards discharging the planning conditions
- Number of Turbines 4
- Tip Height 125 metres
- Electricity Generation Capacity 2 - 2.5 MW per turbine
- Lifetime of Wind Farm 25 Years, 10 months for construction and decommissioning
- Community Engagement Parish Council\'s and local stakeholders are currently being given an update on the development. A liaison committee will be set up prior to the construction phase of the development. This will allow information to be transferred to and from the local community.
Benefits of Scheme
Potential to contribute to UK targets for renewable electricity generation in line with government aims, in an area identified as being suitable for wind farm development.
An indigenous, secure and reliable source of energy at a time of rising international energy prices and increasing instability of supply.
Investment in the local economy during construction of the wind farm, with opportunities for employment.
Establishment of a community development fund which will be targeted at local communities. This could be used to improve local facilities through working with existing community groups and also to improve energy efficiency and implement micro renewable generation, particularly to reduce fuel poverty.
Improvements and enhancements to Stillington Forest Park are currently being considered.
- Name: Lewis Stokes
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 0844 209 1515